Experienced Legal Malpractice Attorney
Do you believe that an attorney has not competently handled your legal matter? Do you feel that you been harmed or taken advantage of by an attorney? Do you believe that an attorney did not act in your best interests? If so, contact us for an evaluation of the merits of your claims.
Do You Have a Legal Malpractice Claim?
If your lawyer betrayed your trust or took advantage of you, you can turn to us for support. We help clients file legal malpractice claims.
Lawyers can commit malpractice in many ways. The most common types of legal malpractice claims are:
- Failure of the attorney to meet deadlines, such as the statute of limitations or other litigation deadlines. If an attorney fails to file a claim within the statute of limitations, the client’s claim is lost. If an attorney does not comply with discovery deadlines in a lawsuit, the client’s claim may be dismissed, or important evidence may be excluded from the case.
- Conflicts of interest. An attorney owes a duty of undivided loyalty to the client to represent his or her best interests and not the attorney’s interests or the interests of another party or attorney.
- Failure to obtain agreement of the client. An attorney cannot decide for a client how to proceed with important decisions in a legal matter. The attorney must obtain the consent of a client to settle a case or negotiate an agreement.
- Failure to adequately investigate a claim or prepare for trial.
- Failure to know the law. Sometimes attorneys handle matters in which they have no or little expertise and fail to pursue the best course of action for their client.
- Charging unreasonable fees or unethically inflating bills.
These failures or breaches of trust by a lawyer often amount to malpractice and result in restitution for the victim when properly pursued through our justice system. Call the Law Offices of Thaddeus P. Mikulski Jr. today to speak with a legal malpractice attorney who can help you.
Contact Us Now For Your Free Consultation
Talk to a legal malpractice attorney in Pennington, NJ and surrounding areas about your situation. Contact the Law Offices of Thaddeus P. Mikulski Jr. now to schedule an appointment. Call us today at (609) 303-0222 or submit the contact form and we will respond as soon as possible.